Annual Foundation School – III (2016)
IISER Thiruvananthapuram, School of Mathematics, CET Campus, Engineering College
20th June to 16th July, 2016
|Convener(s)||Speakers, Syllabus and Time table||Applicants/Participants|
|Name||Prof. A. R. Shastri||Viji Z Thomas|
|Mailing Address||Indian Institute of Technology
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram
|21June 22June||CA1 FT2||T T||AT2 CA2||L L||TCA1 TFT2||T T||TAT2 TCA2|
• FTn : nth lecture in Field theory
• TFTn: nth tutorial in Field theory• ATn : nth lecture in Algebraic topology
• TATn: nth tutorial in Algebraic topology
• CAn : nth lecture in Complex Analysis
• TCAn: nth tutorial in Complex Analysis
• T : Tea
• L : Lunch
|Sr.||SID||Full Name||Gender||Affiliation||Position in College/ University||
University/ Institute M.Sc./ M.A.
|1||6326||Mr. Bikramaditya Sahu||Male||NISER||PhD||IIT Bombay|
|2||6409||Mr. Subha Sarkar||Male||Harish-Chandra Research Institute||PhD||IIT Guwahati|
|3||6410||Mr. Saikat Panja||Male||IISER kolkata||Integrated phd 2nd year||IISER kolkata|
|4||6523||Mr Sumit Kumar||Male||IIT KANPUR||M.Sc.student.||IIT KANPUR|
|5||6586||Mr. Satyajit Sahoo||Male||IIT Bhubaneswar||JRF||Utkal University|
|6||6753||Ms. Vibhuti Arora||Female||IIT INDORE||PhD||Banasthali University|
|7||6827||Mr Arstu Mothsra||Male||IIT INDORE||PhD||Delhi University|
|8||6904||Mr Pronay Kumar Karmakar||Male||Tezpur University||MSc Student||Tezpur University|
|9||7149||Mr. Adittya Chaudhuri||Male||IISER-TVM||Integrated PhD||IISER-TVM|
|10||7175||Ms. Ammu Elizabeth Antony||Female||IISER TVM||Integrated PhD||IISER TVM|
|11||7212||Mr. Amit Kumar||Male||NISER, BHUVNESWAR||PhD||IIT GUWAHATI|
|12||7219||Mr. Amrendra Singh Gill||Male||IIT ROPAR||PhD||M.Sc|
|13||7244||Mr. Pankaj Dey||Male||IISER||Integrated PhD||IISER TVM|
|14||7529||Mr Muhammed Rashad E K||Male||IISER TVM||MSc||IISER TVM|
|15||Ms. Amrutha Unni||IISER-TVM||IPhD|
|16||Mr. Sreethin Sreedharan||IISER-TVM||BS-MS|
|18||Mr. Vishnu Prasad||IISER-TVM||BS-MS|
|19||Mr. Abinash Sarma||IISER-TVM||BS-MS|
How to reach
Detailed instructions to get to IISER Thiruvananthapuram.
IISER TVM is located inside the College of Engineering Campus (also known as CET) in Sreekaryam, Thiruvananthapuram. It is not in the Vithura campus, but at the transit campus, and the detailed instructions are for the transit campus.
- From Thiruvananthapuram Central Railway Station :
- Take a prepaid auto by taking a Rs 2/- token.
- At the prepaid counter, ask for CET, Sreekaryam.
- The fare will be approximately Rs. 180/-.
- The distance from the Railway Station to IISER is approximately 13 Kms.
- There is a 4-way Jn. at Sreekaryam.
- Go past this Jn.
- The road will fork at Chavadimukku Jn., which is less than 1 Km from Sreekaryam Jn. At this point, there will be a board directing you to College of Engineering Thiruvananthapuram.
- From Chavadimukku Jn., CET is approximately 1/2 Kms.
- Anybody will tell you the direction to CET from Sreekaryam Jn.
- From Kochuveli Railway Station :
- This is a small station and some trains stop terminate there instead of Thiruvananthapuram Central.
- CET is much closer from Kochuveli Jn. There is a short cut and most auto drivers will know but Thiruvananthapuram Central would definitely be a better option.
- From Thiruvananthapuram Airport :
- There are two terminals. Terminal 2 is the international terminal, located at a place called Chackai. You will arrive at this terminal if you travel by Air India, Air India Express or sometimes Jet Airways.
- Directions are the same as coming from Thiruvananthapuram Central.
- Tell the taxi driver to go via Sreekaryam.
- Some taxi drivers tend to take you through the opposite direction called Manvila Jn,
- Terminal 1 is the domestic terminal, located at Shangumugam and is a bit far away. You will arrive here if you are travelling by Indigo, Spicejet,Jet connect etc.
- Directions are the same as above, as you will have to cross the international terminal.
- From the Bus Stand :
- All out-of-state buses will stop at Thiruvananthapuram Central Station, particularly those coming from Tamil Nadu and Karnataka.
- From East Fort Bus Terminus :
- This is the main bus terminus.
- Ask for platform 5 (will confirm, am not sure right now).
- Ask for a bus to Chavadimukku or Engineering College, Sreekaryam.
- The bus numbers are 581, 666, 667 (some of these are A/C buses).
- Bus numbers 666 and 667 will not go to CET. You have to get down at Chavadimukku Jn.