Annual Foundation Schools Part I - (2014 CEMS Almora)
1st to 27th Dec ,2014
|Convener(s)||Speakers, Syllabus and Time table||Applicants/Participants|
|Name||Sanjay K. Pant||N. Raghavendra|
|Mailing Address||Sohan Singh Jena Campus,
Kumaun University, Almora,
Uttarakhand – 263601
|Harish-Chandra Research Institute,
Chhatnag Road, Jhusi,
Allahabad 211 019
|Name of the Speaker||Affiliation||No. of Lectures||Detailed Syllabus|
|Manoj Kumar Yadav||HRI||6||Group theory|
|Chanchal Kumar||IISER Mohali||6||Group theory|
|Dinesh Khurana||Panjab University||6||Group theory|
|D. Surya Ramana||HRI||6||Group theory|
|Sameer Chavan||IIT Kanpur||8||Real analysis|
|Sholapurkar, V. M.||S. P. College, Pune||4||Real analysis|
|Digant Borah||IISER Pune||6||Real analysis|
|Sudipta Dutta||IIT Kanpur||6||Real analysis|
|S. H. Amrutiya||IISER, Bhopal||6||Topology|
|Umesh V. Dubey||IISc||6||Topology|
|Archana S. Morye||University of Hyderabad||6||Topology|
Note : Each speaker is required to deliver at least 6 lectures of 1 hour duration or 4 lectures of 1 ½ hour duration.
Instructions to selected candidates:
- Selected candidates will confirm their participation by 5th October by sending scanned copies of their forward journey tickets to the respective conveners, (NOT to the coordinator A. R. Shastri) failing which corresponding number of candidates from the wait-list will be selected.
- Even after the confirmation, for any reason what-so-ever, if a candidate decides to drop out, he/she is requested to inform this immediately to the organizers.
- Selected candidates will correspond with the respective conveners for all further matters concerning the school.
- All wait-listed candidates are also advised to make advance booking in anticipation of getting a chance.
- KEEP VISITING THE NCM PAGE and the links of the respective pages for further instructions regarding the school such as preparation, course material, how to reach etc.
How To Reach
- Travel By Air: The nearest airport is New Delhi. From Delhi one can reach Almora by train or by road as given below.
- By Train: The nearest train station is Kathgodam. Several important rail stations in India have direct connection to Kathgodam. From Delhi, there three main trains run almost daily from Delhi to Kathgodam: 12040 ANVT-KGM Shatabdi (06:15 AM), 15013 Ranikhet Express (22:40) and 15035 UTR-SAMPARK Express (16:00). We recommend the first two connections. One may also get down at Haldwani (the station just before Kathgodam). Please note that train number 12040 starts from ANAND VIHAR railway station at Delhi and the other two trains depart from OLD DELHI railway station. So, if you plan to reach Kathgodam by train, after arriving at the airport or New Delhi railway station, you should direct yourself towards the Anand Vihar railway terminus or the Old Delhi rail station in Delhi. The metro stops most nearest to these rail stations are Anand Vihar and Chandni Chowk respectively.
Summary of trains:
*1. Delhi - Kathgodam by Ranikhet Express. (Train No. 15013)
*2. Anand Vihar (ANVT)-Kathgodam (KGM) Shatabdi (Train o. 12040)
3. Delhi - Kathgodam by Uttarakhand Smprk Kranti Express (Train No.15035)
4. Delhi - Lal Kuan by Pooja Express. (Train No. 0517)
Trains with asterix are recommended.
- By Road: This option is little expensive, but direct and in many cases, would be flexible. This option is to travel to Almora from New Delhi Airport by road. You can book a (private) taxi at the airport or in advance. By car it generally takes 8-10 hours to Almora (from Delhi airport) assuming that you will take one or two breaks in between the journey.
AC Volvo buses are also available from ISBT Delhi to Kathgodam.
- Car Direction: Delhi - Hapur bypass - Moradabad bypass - Rampur - Bilaspur - Rudrapur - Haldwani - Kathgodam [approximately 270 kms]- Ranibagh - Bhimtal - Bhowali - Khairna Bridge - Kwarah Bridge - Almora. From Kathgodam/Haldwani to Almora: One has to travel this route by car or bus. It takes sround 3 hrs to reach Almora from Kathgodam. We recommend you to hire a car or shared taxi at Kathgodam/Haldwani. If you intend to travel by a shared taxi, it is better to get down at Haldwani since the availability of shared taxis are better there. On the way to Almora from Kathgodam/Haldwani, you will have to cross some beautiful tourist locations, for example, Bheemtal (http://www.bheemtal.com/nainit/bheemtal.html).